Saturday, March 31, 2007

Creativity

You know, even though I've been in law school for almost 3 years, something was awoken in me that has been lying dormant a long time -- my CREATIVITY! I haven't had such a good jam session with my buddies (and fellow "manager) in ages. Not only that, we varied up some oldies, like Every Refrain, and added a solo section. Of course, Mr. Mott continues on his neverending adventure toward rock-stardom... it seems like he's writing a new song every day. Of course, that's an exaggeration, but maybe the old cliche that lawyers are supposedly creative just doesn't hold water in my case -- a certain engineer may have me beat!
One of the songs that we wrote today, of course, was "Girlfriend Over the Phone", which is still in its earliest stages:

I’ve never even met you,
But somehow I can’t forget you,
I’ve only seen your picture,
And yet you’re still a fixture,
And all I’ve ever known,
Is my girlfriend over the phone,
It’s just like I’m alone,
With my girlfriend over the phone,
I wonder if I’ll ever see you again,
Or for the first time!

More verses to come... and no, I have no legal commentary today because I am on a two-day vacation...

Later!

No comments: